Destination: Her choice.
Empower Her Network collaborates with ready survivors of human trafficking who find themselves in the same vulnerable circumstance that led to their initial exploitation by removing housing barriers, financing education, and uncovering employment opportunities.
The key to EHN’s early and ongoing success is rooted in its strong partnerships with residential shelters that reach a point where they have provided all the basic needs, therapeutic support, and social services available and it is time for the survivor to move on. It is a delicate moment: independence is possible but barriers abound. Our strategic partners nominate ready survivors who are at this critical juncture so that we can assist in paving a path that accounts for housing, education, and/or employment. Destination: Her choice.
Examples of Barriers We Address:
- Survivor has a job and can afford rent, but not the upfront last month/security deposit required
- Employed and mentally/physically ready survivor in a position to go back to school, who cannot afford the delta between financial aid and tuition
- Survivor with a specialty skill set from her home country that requires a certificate or license to practice in the United States
- There is a promising vocational path, but no financial aid offered to get the certificate
- Survivor has a skill set that requires equipment to leverage (i.e., seamstress)
Would you like to find out more about the Empower Her Network? Download our PDF with complete details.
Members collaborate with a local Empower Her Network advocate on a 12-18-month Empowerment Plan with a goal of fiscal independence.
- Overcoming credit barriers
- Navigating voucher programs
- Covering security deposits
- Providing household essentials
- Coverage between aid & tuition
- Non-aid vocational program tuition
- Certificates to transfer out-of-country education
- Registration fees & books
- Commuter passes
- Transition to livable wage employment
- National employment partners
- Covering equipment for specialty trades (i.e. seamstress, nail tech)
If interested in partnering, please contact Kristy Norbert